USB 3.0 Drivers – At this post, you will learn how to download and update Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver in Windows 10. Windows 10 has built-in USB 3.0 drivers, you can use USB devices through USB 3.0 ports directly without installing USB 3.0 drivers manually. Due to this reason, many manufacturers hasn’t update USB 3.0 drivers for Windows 10.
Just in case, if you need to install the driver manually. There are 2 ways introduced here, so you can learn how to download the official Intel USB 3.0 drivers or just update the 3.0 USB driver. Just choose an easier way on your case.
Method 1: Download and Install the Drivers from Manufacturers Manually
When you download drivers manually, ensure that you download the drivers from official manufacturers, which are definitely safe to your computer. The official manufacturers could be your PC manufacturer (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, etc.) and the device manufacturer (Intel).
It is recommended to go to your PC manufacturer’s website to check for the latest USB driver for Windows 10 first, as they may customize the driver. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model and the specific operating system that you are using (Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 10 32-bit). The PC manufacturer may not release Windows 10 drivers for your PC model, in this case, go to this Intel’s USB 3.0 Support Driver link on below to download the driver.
Downloads for Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
|Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 8/9/100 Series and Intel® C220/C610
Installs Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (version 184.108.40.206v2) for Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Families and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor U-Series Platform.
Windows Server 2008 R2*
Windows Small Business Server 2008*
|USB 3.0 Driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 7 Series/C216
This download is for Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Windows 7* and Windows Server 2008 R2* 64-bit operating system on Intel® 7 Series Chipsets and Intel® C216 Series Chipsets.
Windows Server 2008 R2*
If no Windows 10 Intel USB 3.0 drivers can be found from manufacturers, download the driver for Windows 7 instead, which is always compatible with Windows 10.
The downloaded driver is always in self-installer format. If you fail to install the Windows 7 driver in Windows 10 using setup file (.exe), you may need to install the driver manually step by step using .inf file. If this is your case, follow these steps to install the Windows 7 driver.
1. Unzip the downloaded driver file to a specific location.
2. Open Device Manager.
3. Expand category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. Note if the driver is missing or corrupted, you will see a yellow mark next to the device. Probably, the device name will be “Unknown USB Device”.
4. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select Let me pick from list of device drivers on my computer.
5. Click Have Disk… button.
6. Click Browse… button to navigate to the folder where you saved the unzipped downloaded driver file.
7. Select the .inf file then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Method 2: Download and Update the Driver Automatically
If you don’t have patience, time or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect all problem drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running. You don’t need to risk downloading the wrong drivers. You can update the usb 3.0 driver automatically with the Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it just takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and 30-day money back guarantee).
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect all problem drivers instantly.
3. Click Update button next to the Intel USB 3.0 driver to download and install the correct version of this driver. Or click Update All button (if you go Pro) to update all drivers automatically.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.