If you’re on Windows, and you’re seeing this error saying Can’t find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver, you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it easily by yourself with this guide.
This problem is mainly caused by an old version of your Intel graphics card driver. So you can solve this issue through updating your display card driver.
Here’re 2 options for you to update your device driver. Please read along and choose the way you prefer.
The most direct way to update your driver is to download the latest one from the manufacturer’s website.
1) Go to official Intel website. Then go to its driver download page.
2) Enter your graphics card model number and press Enter.
3) Click the .exe file matching with your Windows to download and install it on your computer.
4) After installing the new driver, please restart your computer and check to see if the error still occurs.
Although it’s direct and straight forward to download drivers from manufacturer’s website, it’s not such easy as it sounds. If you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually or you don’t have enough time and patience, you can do it automatically through Option 2.
You can update your device drivers automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged graphics driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and check to see if the error still occurs.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.