Transfer File from iPhone to PC – As is known to iPhone users, Apple does not make it easy to transfer or copy content from iPhone to your computer. Even though iTunes 12 and newer versions allow users to use their iPhones to transfer songs purchased from iTunes to five authorized computers, this approach doesn’t work for songs you download from other sources or ripped from CDs, which could be such a headache for people with music collections from ancient days.
It is said that this approach is designed to discourage casual piracy, but it seems that it also discourages users from easily copying legally acquired content from their device to their own computer.
To transfer music from iPhone to your computer or vice versa, here are some suggestions that we offer. But before that, maybe you need to transfer file quickly on Windows 10 over the network. You must download RoboCopy to doing that job.
Method 1: Using iTunes
1) Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
Also please make sure that you have authorized your computer first.
2) Connect your iPhone to your computer. If iTunes prompt to ask you whether you would like to sync your iPhone with it, choose NO.
3) Click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from “iPhone” on the left side of the panel of iTunes.
4) iTunes will transfer the songs automatically. After the transfer, you will get the music back in the music Library of iTunes.
5) If you want to get the playlists back, you should select the songs by holding the Ctrl key and click on the ones you need, and then right click the chosen songs and choose Add to Playlist: My Playlist. Then iTunes will duplicate the songs to iTunes.
As mentioned above, this method is used when your songs are purchased from iTunes, but if you get your songs from sources other than iTunes, you might stuck here. Moreover, many people complain that the original data on their iPhones is replaced easily when transferring music from their devices to computers. Hence, you need an alternative to help you with the situation.
Method 2: Using iFunbox
iFunbox is a free tool that helps you manage your files and applications on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It is a powerful tool that can do more than syncing or transferring music between your iPhone and your computer.
With the help of iFunbox, you just need to do the following three steps to transfer your music from your iPhone to your computer.
This method requires you to download iFunbox and install as instructed first.
This is a tutorial done on iFunbox 4.0 Preview, which is the latest beta version of this program released on 21st, June.
1) After you connect your iPhone to your computer, please double click to run iFunbox.
You will see an interface like the screen shot below:
Then go to My Device > Music > Import > Click here to browse Music files or Drop files here.
We are using the first way: Click here to browse Music files.
2) Navigate to the location of your iPhone on your computer, then choose the music files that you would like to import.
3) Wait for a couple of seconds for iFunbox to help you with the process.
Then, you will see your music is fully imported into your computer.
iFunbox can do more than just syncing music between your device and your computer, it can also help you import and export media files from different devices.
With the help you iFunbox, your iPhone is like a USB flash driver, and you are able to import and export media files with such ease. Apart from all the advantages, it is also a free program and you don’t even need to register to use it. How convenient is that?
Download iFunBox for PC
Just download iFunbox now and have a try yourself. It supports both Windows and Mac operating system, so choose accordingly to get this time saver started.
iFunBox for Windows
- iFunbox v2.95.exe Update: 4/12/2015.Powerful file and App data managing includes video, music, photo and ringtones
- iFunbox Classic.zip Update: 2/10/2015. The classic light-weight iOS file manager and tweaking tools
- iFunbox v3.0 (2014).exe Update: 4/6/2015. Super easy for searching and installing Apps, also support media and file managing
iFunBox for Mac
- iFunBox v1.5.dmg Update: 12/05/2013. Added a new feature: Shortcuts (aka Favorites)
- iFunBox v1.4.dmg Update: 11/18/2013. Solved the data transfer issue for iPhone 5s
- iFunBox v1.3.dmg Update: 10/25/2013. Support iPhone 5s & iOS 7
- iFunBox v1.2.dmg Update: 04/10/2013. Super fast camera roll thumbnail display and more.
- iFunBox v1.1.dmg Update: 01/14/2013. Enabled multiple USB device connection and auto-updates.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.