If you also find that you Windows Update stuck at a certain number, 0% or any other figure, when downloading updates and freezes there, this post will help you solve the problem quickly and easily by yourself.
Before you make any moves, make sure that your Windows Update is actually stuck since some of the update patches could take minutes or hours or more to configure or install.
If nothing happens on your PC screen for more than 3 hours or more, and you cannot see the hard drive activity light, then your update is stuck.
There are many unclear reasons why this problem is happening, therefore, there are different solutions to tackle this issue.
We will be introducing one of the most useful methods: restart your Windows Update services. The detailed instructions are as follows.
1) On your keyboard, press Windows logo key and X at the same time, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list of choice.
Click Yes at the prompted administrative permission.
2) Type in net stop wuauserv and hit Enter. Wait for the process to finish. Then type in net stop bits and hit Enter. Wait for the process to finish.
3) Navigate to C:WindowsSoftwareDistrubution folder. Delete all the files and folders inside by pressing Ctrl + A and hit Delete key.
If some of the files refuse to be deleted, you need to restart your computer. After restart, repeat step 1) and 2), then delete the files again.
4) After emptying the SoftwareDistribution folder, restart your computer.
5) On your keyboard, press Windows key and X at the same time, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list of choice.
Hit Yes at the prompted administrative permission.
6) Enter net start wuauserv and hit Enter. Wait for the process to finish. Then enter net start bits and hit Enter. Wait for the process to finish.
7) Launch your Windows Update again to see if the update goes all well now. When the update completes, it is suggested that you restart your PC to complete the process.
When the update finishes, you may need to update all available device drivers in your PC.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update all drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the driver you need to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.