After you connect your Xbox One Controller to your Windows 10 PC, you find that you can’t play games using the controller. You may assume the driver is not installed. But it’s expected that Windows automatically downloads and installs the driver for the controller. What happen then?
You’re right that Windows 10 automatically installs the driver as soon as you connect it to the computer. But it’s still possible that Windows doesn’t install the driver. In this case, you need to update the driver on your own. There are two ways to install and update the driver. Just choose the way that’s easier for you.
If Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically, you can update the driver manually via Device Manager. Follow these steps:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Expand the branch Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
4) Right-click on the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update driver (On lower Windows 10 versions, select Update Driver Software).
5) Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will install the new driver for the device.
6) Check to see if you can use the Xbox One Controller properly.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged Xbox Controller driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Just use one of two ways here to update the driver for your Microsoft Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
Hope the tips help you update Xbox One Controller driver on Windows 10 easily. If you have any questions, please leave your comments below. We’d love to hear of any ideas and suggestions.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.